Although I turned 30 in 2016 and did a lot of self-reflection last year, I never took the time prior to that birthday to sit down and reflect more deliberately about the things I’d like to accomplish over the next decade or so. The dawn of 2017 was a strong catalyst for me to do that across all categories: health & fitness, finances, career, civic engagement, travel – all the things I want to touch on with this blog.
Because of my varied interests, I’ve always found it difficult to try to come to a definitive place when it comes to all of these areas.
However, it’s time to perhaps not completely give up on certain things I’d like to do, but moreso start to prioritize and stage certain elements of my like. All that being said we all know when we plan, and the universe not only laughs, it straight up guffaws while falling out of its chair. So while I will keep on planning and dreaming, it’s really important for me to enjoy the ride, which is something I did not do well in my 20s. So with all that being said – here’s a list of the 30 things I want to do.
well looky here!
2. Launch a new or run an existing non-profit organization focused on education or youth development.
3. Read a book a month; try to squeeze in two.
5. Live overseas, preferably with said child(ren), and hubby of course.
6. Become conversational in Spanish and French.
After women in Antarctica showed up and out for the Women’s March in January, I definitely think this should happen. The other remaining continents are South America and Australia.
8. Invest financially in an idea.
9. Host a dual healthy living and civic engagement conference.
It carries me through so much and I don’t always treat it right
11. Live on less…..and as minimal as possible.
12. Walk by the Obamas’ Washington, DC house……just a quick stroll with maybe a pic or two (let’s be real, I’ll probably camp out for a day to see if I can catch and glimpse of Michelle, Bo, or Sunny).
14. Run a half marathon…….may 15k……ok likely a 10k.
15. Streamline my community service commitments. I’d like to focus on less organizations and less one off’s, making a deeper investment to a select few in a regular fashion.
Index-match still gets me all tripped up
17. Participate in a mastermind group centered around political engagement.
18. Cook dinner WITH my husband at least once a week – this means he has to actually participate, not just stand there and try to charm me with his big ‘ol smile. And yes, for this to happen it actually has to be on my bucket list, not his.
20. Find a consistent workout buddy (Hubby stays swerving me).
21. Give a big F-U to fear and self-doubt.
23. Visit all the long neglected physicians – eye, ear, skin, what else….feet?
24. Grow my own food – even if it’s just window-sill cilantro, I’ll take it.
Only need to do this once before happily turning it back over to the vets.
26. Own only gorgeous lingerie – I’m really slacking here guys. I recently spent a weekend with some girlfriends. They were talking about their lingerie collections and WHOAAAA, am I totally behind! Less athleisure, more lingerie! (Someone put that on a meme, please.)
27. Nurture my tribe – friends and family.
My husband, my mom, my mother in law
29. Be nicer to my husband.
30. Learn to love myself. REALLY, love myself.
What are some goals that you have for this decade in your life?
I am not a physician, registered dietician, or other health professional. My blog is simply a documentation of my life. The views I express are mine alone, based on my own experiences, and should not be taken as medical advice.